Ever wonder what a true friend looks like? Look in the mirror and evaluate what kind of friend you are. I believe I am a good friend but as I get older I am starting to notice what and who is really worth my time and what I need to do to be a better friend.
A true friend is:
- Someone who respects you.
- Someone who honors you.
- Someone who has the balls to speak up to you with honesty.
- Someone who believes in you.
- Someone who understands your quirks and doesn’t expect to change you.
- Someone who cares about your heart.
- Someone who gives as much as you give.
- Someone who has your back.
- Someone you trust.
- And lastly someone you can loose touch from in our short or hopefully long lives, but when you reconnect its like you pick right back from where you left off.
We all go through changes, ups and downs and sometimes moments of complete darkness and the true friendships can make it through. Thick and thin, and good and bad. Forgiveness is key, but a doormat you should never be. Communicate with each other and be open to hear things that you might not want to hear. Be clear what your boundaries are for others to be in your life, and if a friend is true they will adhere.
This life is too short to throw away a good friendship, or to drown in an unhealthy one.
Give love and be open for it to come your way,
Sarah Agajanian is an artist and writer of many forms in Los Angeles, CA. She owns her own business called Rock N' Brows + Makeup in Beverly Hills, holding a reputation as a leading eyebrow sculptor to Hollywoods most elite (Rocknbrows.com). Her nights are busy with performing/recording her music with her band project ESEMAE. A singer/songwriter/musician she is, determined to express her creative self as much as possible! ESEMAE frequents: The Viper Room, Foundation Room, Harvelles, Bar Lubitsch, Witzend, Troubadour and many more! Follow her on social media for all the music and beauty possible.