Alright ladies…Spring has sprung, which means we’re all working a little harder at the gym to get those summer hot bodies. Even though we’re getting our fitness on, we can’t forget TO EAT CLEAN! Many of you have asked if I could give you an idea of what I eat throughout the day. This is what my meals look like during the week. I try to eat at home as much as I can during the week since I sometimes eat out on the weekends when I’m out and about. I usually have Sunday Funday be my “cheat day”- that doesn’t mean eat super unclean all day long, but pick maybe one meal and/or snack. For example, I may have a glass of wine, protein pancakes, my boyfriend’s amazing homemade pizza, Umami Burger, gluten-free pasta, or Menchie’s frozen yogurt.
Below are some options to give you ideas for your meals. I like to keep my eating basic and have a few key options to switch between to keep me on track. I didn’t give too many details on preparation and types of veggies, for example, because there is so much you can do. Feel free to mix it up, get creative, and make them your own! (The grocery list from last week’s post is a good guide to see what foods you can add in here.)
1) Egg whites with spinach, Gluten-free brown rice English muffin w/ almond butter, and a Protein smoothie (almond milk, banana, mixed berries, protein powder)
2) Gluten-free oatmeal (w/ cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries, dates, walnuts, pecans, raisins), Protein Smoothie
3) Omelet with turkey and veggies, Protein Smoothie
4) Protein smoothie, gluten-free brown rice toast with almond butter
1) Fresh juice (veggies/fruits), protein bar
2) Gluten-free oats, with natural applesauce, protein shake
3) Hard boiled egg, handful of blueberries
4) Handful of almonds and/or fruit
1) Spinach salad with tuna and rye crackers
2) Chicken breast with salad
3) Whole grain wrap with chicken, hummus, veggies/lettuce
4) Lettuce wraps with ground turkey and veggies (i.e. bell pepper, avocado)
1) Protein bar or nuts, banana
2) Greek yogurt with granola and berries
3) Protein shake, rye crackers with hummus
4) Apple with almond butter
1) Salmon, veggies, salad
2) Grilled chicken fajitas w/ veggies, beans, avocado, lettuce
3) Ground turkey mixed with veggies, brown rice, salad
4) Quinoa, veggies, chicken/fish/tofu, salad
1) Protein Shake
2) Cottage Cheese
-It may help you to track your daily food intake by keeping a food journal.
-Plan your meals ahead of time (i.e. cook for a couple meals/days to save time…I’ll cook enough chicken to last me 2-3 meals).
-I eat three meals, and two or three snacks (I only eat the 3rd snack if I’m still hungry a couple hours after dinner).
-For dinner, I try to skip carbs (i.e. brown rice, beans, gluten free pasta) if I did not workout that day or if I’m eating a late dinner after 8p.m.
-I love leftovers! Dinner leftovers make a great lunch the next day.
-Try to incorporate a protein with every meal/snack.
-Drink plenty of water! (½ your body weight in oz.)