We’ve all been there – you look forward to your yoga practice all day and somehow you wind up wedged between ‘heavy breather’ and ‘when’s the last time you showered’?
1. If you are sick as shit – STAY HOME! No one wants someone hacking and coughing next to them during meditation. You can easily practice at home AND blow your nose as many times as you want.
2. Turn off your phone – enough said.
3. Take a shower – I am appalled by how many people will show up to a ‘hot’ yoga class stinking like last night’s bar and cigarettes. Shower before you come or don’t come at all.
4. Don’t randomly walk on other peoples mats – especially when your feet look like you’ve been walking Hollywood Blvd. for the last five hours.
5. Do laugh at your mistakes – fall out of a headstand…. So what? Who cares?
6. Do what you are capable of that day – just because you’re next to Mr. Rockstar who throws in fifty extra chaturangas doesn’t mean you have to. Respect your body – it’s the only one you’ve got.
8. Enjoy yourself
9. Wear proper clothes – guys …. watch the shorts …. worrying if your balls are gonna fall out is extremely distracting for us ladies. Just sayin!
11. Be aware of other people’s space
12. Manifest greatness
Do you have a yoga class etiquette tip? I’d love to hear from you!
Want more from me? Here ya go: