by Danielle Deojay of Sequins and Ponies
Good products should not be underestimated. I have favorites that I always have on hand while also keeping a few new ones in testing rotation — like my never-ending search for a day SPF moisturizer. When I find a keeper, I stick with it. Here are some of my favorites, hopefully you will love them as much as I do!
- Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner, $24 – my favorite toner – not too harsh.
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser, $25 – My favorite cleanser means business.
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black, $8 – My favorite mascara is $8!
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink, $22 – I keep my makeup routine simple. I vary my look by the intensity of my eye liner, and sometimes with bright pink or red lipstick. This liner rocks. I’m so addicted, I rarely leave home without it.
- Nars Bronzer in Laguna - $34 – The best bronzer for a healthy glow and some cheek bone definition.
- Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush, $25 – This brush is key for proper application of the liner, above.
- Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes, $6 - Perfect to keep in your bag for long days at the beach or for freshening between work and evening plans.
- Nature’s Way EfaGold Coconut Oil, $12 – The best, most natural, body moisturizer — apply post shower while still wet allows the oil to absorb better & therefore prevents that greasy feeling.
- de-luxe BAIN Body Polish in Rosemary Mint, $10 – A salt scrub is essential for a once per week intense exfoliation. This one is great & a refreshing herbal scent is the best.
- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Exfoliating Soap - $7.50 – I’m a sucker for things scrubby and minty. This soap is both.
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, Pink Grapefruit - $7 – For post-workout or especially sweaty days.
- Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Hydro Gloves, $6 – Scrubby gloves, as I call them, are part of my daily routine with one of my many scrubs/body washes.
- Neutrogena Rainbath Shower Gel, $25 – Hands down my favorite shower gel. Great scent that’s fairly gender-neutral and leaves skin feeling clean, but not dry and free from icky residue.
- Walgreens Epsom Salt, $6 – Not very glamourous, but something I learned from curing hoof abscesses in my horse – epsom salt is great at drawing out toxins. Take a bath in epsom salt (or soak swollen feet) when you’re feeling puffy. I like this eucalyptus scent.
- TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost Leave-In Conditioner, $12 – My favorite affordable leave-in so far. Tames my curls just enough while moisturizing my hair. I love it when a product is equally effective and beneficial.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – $48 – My night moisturizer.